Surrender is not a to-do list. Not a tally of life-giving decisions to serve the God of Love. Yes, it can be a thoughtful planning, an attentive listening to what God has for me for the day, but it’s not a list of checked off items, a stacking up of good deeds.
Surrender, instead, is…
- a whispered prayer when I get too caught up in my own problems, responsibilities, or wellbeing
- an unclenching of my fists when I grasp too tightly to my own agenda
- a heart posture of humility, of seeking His presence
- a willingness to follow His way even if it means giving up attention or recognition or rest or whatever else it is I crave
- an acknowledgement that I want what He wants MORE than I want my own way
Today, regardless of the tasks I find myself checking off or not checking off, I will surrender.
I want Your way.